WelcomeTo My World

Thursday 24 April 2014

Why my sense of indignation over the case of Davontae Sanford some have asked?



Why my sense of indignation over the case of Davontae Sanford some have asked? Well for starters when I looked at the facts in that case after obtaining documents and recordings provided to me by the prosecutor's office and in particular Smothers' written and audio video recorded confession shock waves went all through me. How can this be I wondered that the prosecutor denies the truth? Why is she doing this to innocence? As both a legal professional and a citizen I felt a call to action to right this wrong. A society that values liberty and justice should not allow this to happen. At a time when America claims to fight for others' freedoms she is denying the most basic fundamental rights of freedom and due process of law right here at home. Davontae's case is not unique or an anomaly. It happens very often. But I said forget the legal court battles--call Kym Worthy out!! She hides behind her desk to do her dirty work and refused to even interview for the case on TV. Oh but she has no problem getting all the news coverage at self-glorification in one on one interviews with Carmen Harlan on WDIV and others but she will not debate anyone about this case because there exist too many questions she cannot answer that bother her. The next time you see her on TV see the face of an innocent fourteen year old boy whom she stole from his mother's embrace.



Roberto Guzman

No comments:

Post a Comment