WelcomeTo My World

Friday 25 July 2014

The blood of the fallen.


A letter a day to number 10. No 810.

Saturday 26 July 2014. The blood of the fallen.

Shares are encouraged and welcomed. If this letter speaks for you and you wish to send your own copy please feel free to copy and paste, and alter for your own needs, the text for your own letter.

Website updated, letters and replies plus bonus material featuring Mr Suggs, Eeyore and Ribbit.

Also on the website, download the support compilation three album set from Atona. Not to be missed.

http://www.keithordinaryguy.org.uk/

Dear Mr Cameron,

I don't write a letter a day to you because I am brave (I am not particularly brave at all), nor yet because I am afraid, or to combat fear. I do this because I know that if I do not oppose what you are doing I will have compromised myself. Let me put that another way. If I am offered stolen goods, say a computer, and decide to take the deal, I know I am complicit in crime. Even if, on a balance of probability, I feel I will get away with it, I will know I have made a moral compromise and I have to decide if that is acceptable to me.

The question then is, what's my tipping point, where is the line, at what point will I say, 'This far and no further?' And that's the point, Mr Cameron, I am by no means perfect and nor do I try to pretend otherwise, I am an ordinary guy with a very chequered history but you have crossed the line into despotism that is as heinous as it is unconscionable.

When I read that the UK, which means the UK government, abstained in the vote for the United Nations investigation into human rights violations in Gaza unleashed by Israel's military assault, that just said it all. When push comes to shove, you stand for nothing and no one other than your own selfish ends. Such contempt for life!

It does not matter whether it is thousands dying in Britain or the people of Palestine being massacred you make no effort to protect the lives of ordinary people. As is always the case, it is not the families of the rich and powerful being wiped out, it is not your children being blown apart, it is not your fathers and mothers, grand parents or friends being persecuted, bombed or sacrificed.

Those who make war do so knowing that it is not they who will suffer the consequences. The USA actually voted against the UN investigation, the only country to do so, and I am sure I will hear and read a great deal of anti US vitriol in the coming days. Yet, it is not the USA, not the population who are at fault, as a dear friend in the USA said today, 'Not in my name!' it is those who inhabit the corridors of power in the White House and the Pentagon and, of course, their corporate puppet masters.

The crimes and betrayal of government are written in the blood of the fallen.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2014/07/24/us-stands-alone-vote-against-un-inquiry-gaza-assault
 — inPeasedown Saint John.

No comments:

Post a Comment