WelcomeTo My World

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Welcome To My World Free Gary"Vito" Walker

 
Welcome to my World is a part of the Free Gary "Vito"Walker program that doesn't discriminate. All females/males of any nationality can take a look inside my world. I am receptive to all efforts of interest and concern.
Hello People! As you already know my name is Gary "Vito" Walker and i would like to welcome you to my world. Our Friend Elish Delaproser has thoughtfully taken the initiative to step forward and network the voice of my world.
If you have never lived life behide bars, or if your curious as to what a person goes though in prison, or if you have experienced the effects of incarceration and would like to join forces of change. You may want to take a walk with me inside my world .
While there there is no excuse for crime, prison is surely not the solution.
I was 16 years old when I was falsley accused of a crime that i wasn't involved in or had any knowlege of. I am 33yrs old now and although im fighting to prove my innocence .
Im still incarccerated for a murder that i did not commit.
When a person is sent to prison their whole life changes, from the moment you're placed inside the box, your mental capability is challenged .
When I was certified to stand trail as a adult ,I was afraid of what could happen to me, For a moment, i had to blockout the fact that i was innocent of commiting the crime. I later viewed this as the power of the system. Prison isn't designed to help you, but instead it's designed to destory. ( families , potential , careers and the lives of woman, men) A person has to be really strong and dig deep within to figure out how to keep all of that in tact . And without a support system It'll be even more complicated . But it has been done and i know that it can be done i seek to become one of the greatful men released from prison instead of a neglected criminal. Coping with being incarcerated for a crime i didn't commite is very difficult for me . I've spent more years in prison then idid in The Free World .........
Recently, me and a childhood friend of mine reunited unfortunatly he has come to prison for violating his probation. on a case that he too is innocent for , but accepted probation, being way to familiar with how the system will politicaly make a person a statistic. Whether right or wrong, the power of the justice system is powerfull. When i asked my friend "Legonathan Cox " why did he accept the probation knowing that he was innocent . He said "I saw what happen to you when we were teenagers and I couldn't see myself being convicted and sentenced to years in prison for a crime i didn't do."
As he and i caught up on old times, laughing together about the fun we had as kids, i couldn't help but envy him when he showed me picures of his wife and children, I was happy to see that my friend had turned out to be a lovin father to his children as well as a good husband to his wife, but that night when i was alone in my cell, I found myself wondering about what type of father would i have been, what type of husband would i have been? I share a wonderful relationship with my younger brother and sister's children It makes me fill good to know that they're proud to have me as there uncle. It's just difficult explaining the situation to them. The oldest nephew named DMAICUS asked me "uncle Vito, what did you do to get in this place? when i told him that i didn't do anything. His facial expression was so innocent and sincere that i couldn't even respond when he sad "you did something because your'e been in this place a long time. My Reality is very realI wake up everyday thankful to be able to see a new day..
Today, I strive to make a difference in my situation, I started by attending schoolin here, I was able to obtain my G.E.D and I have taken four college courss so far . the struggle within education for people as myself , is if your sentence is a lengthy sentence . There's a waiting list because they mainly focus on students a couple years away from being released .being that I have sarted to be reviewed for release. I have become eligible for the courses avaiable. When i frist came to prison, I had very little knowlege of the law. And financially i couldn't afford the type of representation needed to prove my innocence. I contacted innocent programs around the united states .I also began to study the law more. Right now im trying to find out if the Integrity of Conviction Division a program created by District Attorney Craigwatkins and the Innocent project in South Texas. I filed for DNA testing in my case , but it was denied in Dallas Newpaper article .I read that out of the 149 DNA cases denied in Dallas County. That more then 20 cases fell into a new category were DNA was not the sole issue, but instead Prosecutor Misconduct and faulty eye witness testimony, I fill so confident that my case is one of these cases, simply because Prosecutors Misconducct and faulty eye witness testimony screams my case. Those are the reasons i was convicted and sentenced to prison. None of the programes will return any information confirming this. In the Newspaper Issued late 2007, It said that cases being reviewed would not be disclosed to the public. In the meantime i am to face lifes many challenges. Taking into consideration that just because i have been failed by the system, that the whole world is against me. I do believe that the injustice served against me will soon be corrected. Some days for me are harder that other days. As much as I try to be optimistic about the whole ordeal. I do find myself bitter of the fact. I guess untill Justic Prevails, that feeling will continue to linger inside me. I have realistic goals that im determined to meet my family. I have been a great source of hope as well as some friends. my mother Mrs Cynthia Spivey has always been confident in me and my struggle to overcome, she's been a great inspiration for me. My sister Kimberly Walker has been the little sister that refuses to allow our situation to separate us. My little brother Charles Spivey Jr has been my big brother. When i felt like i could not go no further. He simply told me i had too. He told me that i was a very strong person. One of my childhood friends, Antony Lucky started a non profit. Org It's called Empowering Communities starting with our youths, The main focus is on gangs, drugs .violence and also teenage pregnacy, They teach young fathers how to be responsible, He always tells me that i have a story to tell. Elish Delaproser has also broadened my thoughts as for building a foundation and preparing myself for the things to come . Right now as you can were basically crawling in hope to one day walk tall and proud . most people believe that people in prison are all looking for hand outs, but in reality most of us just need a hand . A real good friend of mine once told me , you'd be suprised what a little help could do for a person...
In the meantime lets continue the battle against injustice and the battle to over come all lifes challenges, Lets enjoy life
Gary "Vito" Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment