WelcomeTo My World

Sunday 17 June 2012

RODNEY KING DEAD: VICTIM IN 1991 LAPD POLICE BRUTALITY CASE, HAS DIED


Rodney King, the man who was at the center of the Los Angeles police brutality case that later sparked the Los Angeles riots has died, according to ABC News Los Angeles station KABC.
He was 47.
Suzanne Wickman, a representative for King confirmed to KABC that Rodney King passed away Sunday.
He was home and found by his fiancee. His cause of the death has not been released according to KABC.
Sources told TMZ that King was found dead at the bottom of a pool.
King was best known for being beaten by the Los Angeles Police Department following a 1991 DUI traffic stop.
The beating was caught on tape.
In 1992, the acquittal of white policemen involved King's beating ignited the deadly riots in Los Angeles.
King made this famous plea for peace following the acquittal: "I just want to say - can we all get along? Can we get along?"
The riots left more than 50 people dead and caused about $1 billion in damage.
Earlier this year, reflecting on the 20th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots that made him famous, King admitted to fighting substance abuse problems.
"I've learned from all of my mistakes. I am a work in process. I'm constantly working on myself, knowing what my limits are and feeling comfortable with me," King said - 17 June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment