WelcomeTo My World

Monday 2 December 2013

Magdalene Laundries


 SILENT NO MORE ! - ThaWilsonBlock® Network
Magdalene Laundries survivors Diana O'Hara and Wayne Smoke join the Social Awareness Network to voice a call for justice for the survivors of the institutionalized system of abuse called the "Magdalene Laundries" and what part the Catholic Church, the Irish, American and Canadian Governments played in the abuse. Hosted by Dallas "BlakJak" Burgess and N-Tone

  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/delaproser/2013/12/02/magdalene-laundries

 Diana (words of an inspring women who overcame what life thrown at her )

When
I was finally released from these "convents" filled with medieval
madness, a kaleidescope of tortured memories would spin in my head
...the entire experience was so bizarre that there was no sense that
could be made out of it ...one cannot make sense out of evil ...Then I
came upon the movie The Magdalene Sisters and there was my life in a
movie ...It was then that I realized there was nothing random about any
of this ...this was ORGANIZED ABUSE across the board ...I woke in the
middle of the night last year and it all became very clear to me ...the
greed, the corruption, the story ....and I got up and wrote I AM THE
VOICE....The Magdalene Laundries/Good Shepherd Convents were here in
America and it is a part of our history that has been kept in the dark
...NOT ANY LONGER ...Girls, young women being locked away is not
acceptable ...it is an OUTRAGE ....our babies were taken ...this is not
acceptable ...it is an OUTRAGE ...I am putting a shout out to any
girl/woman who was "sent" to one of these places to please step into the
LIGHT and join us ...Your experience is a part of all of our
experiences ...we need your voice to make this happen ...We need all of
you ...RISE UP WITH US ....SILENT NO MORE ...

No comments:

Post a Comment