The main objective: to find everyone who supports Sara Kruzan's freedom to be a part of this project, or more specifically, everyone who is proud and willing to show their face in support of her Freedom.
I am orchestrating a large photo exhibition/petition project where you (anyone and everyone from all over the world) are crucial in bringing the number of images to a magnitude that will garner public attention. I will be submitting this project to Governor Brown of CA, newspapers, journals, several key politicians and organizations. The purpose is to use this photo petition to display the strength of a visually personalized movement, through the faces of her supporters and mainly have a book or exhibit to present to the governor in a more personalized fashion. There is power in mere numbers, but a deeper impact can result from associating those numbers with real faces, real people. There is an emotional attachment and magnitude that a book or a wall full of pictures can achieve that an anonymous online petition cannot. This story must be spread and supported around the world.
Contribution to this project is a very simple and can make a huge difference in the freedom of someone who is powerless to change her situation. If you were in her position, you would hope strangers would take the time to do the same for you. If you plan to participate please follow the brief instructions and submit your photo to me very soon, so this can grow quickly. I'm also seeking volunteers to recruit "Faces For Sara Kruzan" participants both online and in the Bay area. If you are interested in assisting, please email me at: FacesForSaraKruzan@gmail.com
1) POSE AS MY SUBJECT IN PERSON: surpass reading the following guidelines by being my subject in person in the San Francisco Bay area! If you allow me to take your photo for this project, I will ensure the applicable guidelines are met for you during the shoot. To be my in person subject, email me here: FacesForSaraKruzan
2) SUBMIT YOUR OWN [LARGE] PHOTOGRAPH: This will allow people from anywhere in the world to contribute their face & statement to the project. Read the below details if you are going to submit your own photograph!
1) Send 1 to 3 pictures of yourself that are clear, HIGH-RESOLUTION PHOTOS (over 300k, preferably 1MB or higher). Also No photoshopped images, or images where photoshop has obviously been used. This is the most important factor, as I've received about 15 entries of small photos or overly photoshopped images that cannot be used for this project. This will be printed for a presentable exhibition, so please send a large photo. [No exceptions on the image size but e-mail me if you think yours should be an exception to the photoshop rule].
2) Send a statement of a few words to a short sentence or two stating your feelings about Sara's case, desire for her release or condemning her imprisonment. You can send me a sentence of what you'd like me to quote along with sending your photo. Please do not photoshop the statement into the photo. If the statement is within the reality of the photograph (on a hat, on a sign, on a wall, piece of paper etc), make sure your face and the statement are both clear. Pictures with you looking into the camera are stronger for this project.
3) Group photos are absolutely not accepted without my direct permission. Each person must be individually photographed. The entire purpose of the project is to gain as many individuals as possible in order to create a large body of faces as a collective presentation.
Three Simple Rules: Clear Photo, Large Photo, Written Sentence/Statement
The above are all of the conditions.
Make sure you look over the below restrictions and now you can send your large photo, statement and contact info (for the petition) to: FacesForSaraKruzan Make the e-mail subject line "ACTION ENTRY". If you are a minor and/or only want to submit your first name/pseudonym, put "IMPACT" in the subject line.
The following: inappropriate images, including full nudity or provocative/suggestive poses (for minors). For adults, artistic expression will be limited to partial nudity (no private areas showing), but can be provocate to make a statement about abuse, sex trafficking, injustice, etc. NO racially-based language or any other racially discriminatory language or slang. No profanity please.
Note: For Action petitioners, you will need to submit your first & last name, contact info (address, optional e-mail address and optional phone number), as you would in any petition.
Note: After I receive all the entries, you will eventually receive a quick release form giving me permission to use the photo.
Now that you know the rules and have submitted your photo, please pass this along to everyone you know. Repost this above on facebook, twitter, blogs, foundations, and so on.