WelcomeTo My World

Monday 24 December 2012

"Conversations" with 'just bill' by Inner Child Radio in Legal


Listen to internet radio with Inner Child Radio on Blog Talk Radio



I have conquered and survived will be an encouraging impact to everyone. Rather you are a victim or know someone who is, I hope that the details of my past be the pilot to a better future for those who may be involved in a domestic violence situation. I have had suffered and I have survived in many ways than more. My story is of a woman who was held captive, starved, and tortured by her polygamist husband in one of the worst acts of domestic violence in California history. I am Laura Cowan and I hope that what you learn of the events of my life can be the stepping stones that you need if you are not free from abuse or an abuser. Widower), Single mom of 3 children. A graduate of Bryant & Stratton College, working in the field of Information Technology at Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority as their I.T. Technical Trainer; training CMHA employees at orientation and beyond, coordinating all computer labs on CMHA estates and conducting special resident educational classes. Also, a trainer at the CMHA Police Department presenting classes on Domestic Violence to the new cadets and residence of CMHA. An Advocate for Domestic Violence-and a survivor of Domestic Violence and abuse turned my personal experience into a tool to empowerment for other women. Volunteer at the Domestic Violence Center of Greater Cleveland and a member of Peace In The Hood under Director Khalid A. Samad, as their Domestic Violence Advocate and coach. (2010) was nominated by the Judging Committee for the American Red Cross of Greater Cleveland Hero Awards and was selected as a finalist in the Hero Challenge of the Educational category for being an inspiration to many and educating the public about domestic violence. (2010) was selected as one of the Plain Dealer’s community heroes.
 http://lauracowanstory.com/
  http://www.facebook.com/cowanl.dvsurvivor1?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment